TALOS ENERGY, PROMINENT OIL AND GAS ORGANIZATION

Founded on January 1st, 2012, Talos Energy is an energy, gas and oil company that is based in Houston, Texas, United States. The company’s headquarters is in the Greater Houston Area, of Southern US. The three co-founders of the company are John L. Harrison, Stephen E. Heitzman, John A Parker, and Timothy S. Duncan.

The company is also known as Stone Energy or Talos Energy LLC. The management of the company has been entrusted with the exploration and production of oil for over a decade now. The company mainly operates in the Gulf of Mexico where it specializes in the acquisition of assets in the developed deepwater and operated shelf. The firm is also known for the exploration and optimization of assets by using cutting-edge technologies. The co-founders of the company built and sold several gas companies prior to beginning Talos Energy in 2012. Some of these companies are Phoenix Exploration Co and Gryphon Exploration Co.

Recently, Talos Energy LLC merged with Stone Energy Corp and had its name changed to the famous Talos Energy, Inc. The merger was officially completed in the last quarter of 2018 and will bring in over $1.9 billion. Even though changes are expected after the merger, Timothy S. Duncan will still serve the company as the Chief Executive Officer. The new company will have some of their teams in Lafayette, Louisiana and New Orleans. After the merger, the Board of Directors of the company will consist of six members from Talos Energy, LLC and four members from Stone Energy. The main reason for the merger is to come up with one of the leading productions and exploration off-shore companies.

The stakeholders from Talos Energy LLC will walk home with approximately 34.2 million in common company shares. 63% of the new company will be owned by the shareholders from Talos, and the remaining 37% shares will go to the shareholders of Stone Energy. From the merger, talented and experienced management will be established and help in spearheading a strong position in the financial market. The merger was reached to after seeking professional views from recognized experts and specialists such as Petrie Partners Securities, and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Field LLP.